The SPS Board of Trustees is the governing body of the school. The Board includes seven member elected annual each year. All employees of the charter school and all parents or guardians of enrolled students are eligible to participate in the election; employees have one vote and parents/guardians have one vote for each student enrolled at SPS. SPS accepts nominations for Board candidates from employees of SPS and from all parents/guardians of students enrolled in the school.
The Boad has ultimate authority for:
- Employing and contracting with teachers and nonteaching employees
- Ensuring that teachers, whether certified or noncertified, undergo the background checks and other investigations required for certified teachers, as provided by law, before they are employed by the school
- Contracting for other services, including, but not limited to, financial accounting, legal services, and transportation
- Developing pay scales, performance criteria, and discharging policies for its employees, including the school's administrator
- Deciding all other matters related to the operation of the school, including budgeting, curriculum, and operationing procedures
- Ensuring that the school adheres to the same health, safety, civil rights, and disability rights requirements as are applied to all public schools operating in the SC Public Charter School District
Additionally, the Board is required to:
- Submit required reports to the SC Public Charter School District and the State Department of Education
- Submit a charter renewal request at the appropriate time
- Enfore the adherence of the charter school to the same financial audits, audit procedures, and audit requirements as are applied to the public schools operating in the SC Public Charter School District
For additional information please call the school.